Bone grafting is a health care treatment that removed bone from one area in the body and placed it in another. In some cases, artificial bone can be used. Within dentistry, bone grafting is highly effective at keeping your jaw strong enough for a variety of oral health procedures.
Here are some things you should know about bone grafting and the uses of bone grafting in dentistry:
– Bone grafting can also be implemented in a few periodontal dentistry procedures.
– Bone grafting is most often needed with dental implant procedures because if your jawbone is too frail or fragile, your implant can fail.
– The American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS) says that surgeons will often advise a bone graft if your jaw bone is soft, frail or thin, in order to straighten it to hold an implant.
– Bone grafting may take several months for the graft to strengthen with the bone, unless a very small graft is needed.
– Bone grafting services will remove a bone from one section of your body or use a special bone grafting material to graft onto your jawbone.
Whichever bone grafting services you feel would best suit your needs, Dr. Elliot Neuman and our team here at Bluegrass Periodontics in our dentist office in Lexington, Kentucky are committed to providing you the service you require. We can be reached at 859-252-7726. Your smile is our business!